Saturday, June 11, 2016

Need Awareness and Information Search

INTERVIEWS:

https://soundcloud.com/user-384275903/need-awareness-1

https://soundcloud.com/user-384275903/new-recording-10


https://soundcloud.com/user-384275903/need-awareness-3



SUMMARY:
Overall, all three of the people I interviewed had need awareness over the opportunity for resealable chip bags. All three of the interviewees preferred sources from the average person versus experts. The websites that they like to do they source search for are: Youtube, Reddit, Yahoo Answers, and blogs. What I found interesting is that all three said that family and friends is not a source that they use often. With living in a technological world, it is now easier to just do a 3 second search on Google whereas twenty years ago family and friends would have been a more frequently used source.

9 comments:

  1. Becky,

    I originally used to do information searches on google but within the last year I have become a YouTube info junking, especially looking for hacks. I got curious and searched on sealing a chip bag and see some of the results I got at this link https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sealing+a+chip+bag. One of them even seals it with a lighter similar to how your first interviewee was discussing.

    Unfortunately I did not have time to create a post Buyer Behavior #1 but here is the link to my post for Idea Napkin #1: http://ent3003blogger.blogspot.com/2016/06/idea-napkin-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,

    I'm not surprised that people search for new product and service information on the web. I do that often, especially when looking for reviews on something I'm interested in. I think I initially hear about something equally from internet searches and through people, maybe even a little more through people. I'm surprised that the interviewees said they don't ask family and friends for information very much anymore. Maybe not on smaller stuff, but perhaps larger purchases and the more important services?

    Angie

    http://mynewbloggerblog10.blogspot.com/2016/06/figuring-out-buyer-behavior-no-1-need.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,

    It doesn't really surprise me that a lot of people get their information from the internet now. It is so easy for us to do a quick google search and find exactly what we need to know. However, I found it surprising that the people you interviewed said that they don't consult their family or friends often. That is actually who I personally go to first for recommendations. I always felt that personal experiences are better than random articles you found on the internet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky, I think you did a great job on your interviews and asked some great questions. My interviews were very close to yours with having the same trusted websites, however the people I interviewed did look to friends for product reviews. I agree that there has been a shift in recent years in how people look for information and your need to be with the times to make sure your business is successful. You also did a good job finding people interested in your product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becky,
    I use google all of the time. It's my main source to look up things. I personally don't use YouTube or any other source. I'm not surprised that people use technology more and more now as opposed to their friends or family. I do still ask my friends and family their opinions and thoughts on items. I know that myself as well as most everyone i know would love your product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky,
    Great job getting together all of your information in your interviews. I had trouble with this assignment because I felt my market couldn't be divided, there was simply one side to it because it was for people with allergies. as for your product, I myself am a big googler. I find myself even asking Siri to google things for me. However, other apps that are more specific seem to be helping rather well! I love to use Yelp or trip advisor when finding specific information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky,
    I do see how a resealable chip bag would be a very beneficial. A couple of times I have bought chips and they have gone bad because I had no way to keep the bag closed. After that experience, I did a quick google search and found some interesting ways to keep a chip bag closed. I do think that your idea is good though, because it would make life a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky,

    I admire you for getting and recording interviews, It was difficult for me to get to my target demographic in Gainesville. I've liked your idea since I read one of your earliest posts and still like it today. I would definitely be a customer for a resealable chip bag and think it has a lot of potential for all companies in the industry. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Becky,

    I can definitely see why people's major source for information now is just the internet. It is kind of ridiculous how easy it is to find any information you could possibly want online. You can just google search any question you can have and almost instantly have the answer. When my parents were in school they actually had to go and read books and stuff like that. Good thing we don't have to worry about doing that anymore! Here is my blog: http://jaredpape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete