1) Over the course of the class so far, I have used several behavior traits to get through. I use planning a lot, we have many assignments in this class and if I did not plan, I would likely be missing many of them. I also enact time management skills- this is not my only summer class and I need to set apart time periods to give this class individual attention.
2) So far, this class has proved to be difficult for me, not so much for content but for with time management. Like I mentioned above, I am also in FIN 3403 which demands great amounts of time to study. I have really struggled, and at times just all out mentally broke down, because of the stress of balancing these two very different classes. On top of that, I also have been moving down to Orlando to start a job with Disney. The moving process required a large chunk of my time, and now that I have full time hours it is inly going to get more difficult fro m here. Its important to not look at a list of things due on the same day and get overwhelmed. What pulls me through is knowing that soon I will have a degree from the best school, and I will not remember those little moments that seemed like I would not ever get though the stress.
3) The three tips I would suggest to upcoming students are as follows: 1. Work ahead. This is a class where you have the gift of creating your own schedule, do not wait until the less second or you will have a bad time. 2. Once you begin, it gets much easier. I could stare at the list of assignments for hours- dreading them. However, once I finally begin, it is so much easier to knock them all out. 3. Develop time management skills. As I said before, you are able to create your own schedule. Determine what works best for you and allocate your time wisely.

BeckyLee,
ReplyDeleteGreat halfway reflection. This class probably has more assignments than any other class I have taken since high school. We have gotten used to classes that only have a few tests a semester and we don't have to do much until that time comes. Working ahead is definitely helpful in this class and I would encourage everyone to do it. Good job!
Hey Beckylee, I think you did a great job on your halfway reflection. This class requires a lot of planning and preparation so I am totally with you on having to improve my managing skills. Time management has also been something that I have had to work on as well to make sure that assignments are done in time. I think you had some great tips for those thinking about taking this class, and the tip about working ahead is something that I also try to do.
ReplyDelete