Failure in life is unavoidable. I have learned the lesson of failure many times, including during this semester. This semester, I experienced failure in time management. For the first time, I not only had classes with UF to manage, but I also had a full time job to manage as well. I would come home from a long shift and feel that I deserved to lay back and watch Netflix for the rest of the night. I thought that I could stuff all of my classes into the weekend. Well the weekend would roll around, and I quickly realized that this was not possible. My failure to see the load my classes and work schedule would be, and my failure to manage them resulted in high stressed and even missed assignments. Despite the failure, I needed to realize that the classes weren't over. I couldn't just sulk about my failure. I needed to sit down and dedicate time to learn from this failure. I developed a schedule that still allowed time to relax after work, but also required at least an hour of studying. I also invested in a planner to make sure this new schedule could be implemented. Since then, I have done much better with keeping up with my classes and now have less stress in my life too.

No comments:
Post a Comment