My entrepreneurship story is about my brother. Growing up, it was quite clear that my brother had that entrepreneurial spark that so many long to have. My brother would create new toys, games, and much more for his siblings entertainment. Above all else, my brother kept his entrepreneurial spirit as he grew. Now, as he is graduating from high school and about to enter college, he owns a successful online shop for customized boardgames that he started his freshman year. His plan is to major in business in order to take his natural entrepreneurial gift to the next level.
Though I personally do not believe I possess the spark for creating new business ideas as my brother does, I believe it is incredibly valuable to have the mindset that is takes to be an entrepreneur. By taking this class, I am hoping I will leave with a new grasp of the skills needed to be an entrepreneur.

Hello Rebecca (Becky?), You're the first up-and-running blog for the semester!
ReplyDeleteI hope you find the class useful, and let me know if I can ever help out.
I found your story to be really interesting and inspiring. It is so amazing that someone so young was able to find his passion and really do something with it. He must be an inspiration to you, and while I agree that ideas do not come to me as easily as they may to others, everyone has the opportunity to achieve something amazing. Where there is a will, there is a way and you clearly have the will. Entrepreneurs come in many shapes and forms, so just keep doing what you are doing, and hopefully one day you can find what you love and make a career out of it.
ReplyDeleteBecky,
ReplyDeleteHello! I am your TA for this class, Rachel. I will be reading and commenting on your blog frequently. I look forward to seeing you grow this semester. I think you will really enjoy this class. I am really interested in your brother's business! What type of board games are they? I think that is really awesome that he is so driven.
Wow, what a really cool and unique experience that has to be for your brother. I certainly was not coming up with an idea to start an online site for my very own company as a freshman in high school! Your brother appears to be ahead of the curve as far as entrepreneurial skills go. He seems to be driven and diligent, being able to run the site, while attending school as well. I wish him continued success on what is already a successful life he's created.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! It's impressive that your brother already has a functioning business at his age. I've also been interested in starting my own business, and I find it inspiring. I'm sure its extremely hard to manage the business and school at the same time. I hope he achieves what he wants. I believe entrepreneurial skills can be transferable to any career, so you are definitely going to gain a lot more knowledge in this class.
ReplyDelete